Advanced Bioresources Laboratories
- The Advanced Microbial Bioresources Laboratory.
- Tissue Culture Bioresources Laboratory.
- General & Developmental BioresourcesLaboratory.
- Genetic Engineering Bioresources laboratory.
- Next Generation Sequencing Laboratory.
The activities of the Advanced Bioresources Laboratories are centered on:
- Collection of scientifically important strains of Microorganisms, improved plant cultured lines and genetic materials for studies and quality control.
- Bio-prospect indigenous biological resources for their potential benefits in sustainable research and development.
- Development of low cost biotechnology products and tools for technology transfer.
- High-throughput bioassays and protocol developments for Bioresources Research and Development.
- Discovery and taxonomy of indigenous micro-organisms of the Niger Delta region.
- Novel natural products discovery from indigenous Bioresources.